So I know this post got out a little late today, and for that I do apologize. Home schooling has been interesting at our house. Its definitely been a transition for everyone involved. But overall its been going well. My kids have been real troopers. My wife is the most amazing woman on the planet, and has been the expert in all of this.
My daughter has setup a desk in my office, so its nice to think that during COVID, my home office has basically become a Wework.
Down to business…
- Optimize cost and performance with Query Acceleration for Azure Data Lake Storage : Really cool new features to make it easier to leverage data lake moving forward. This is always exciting as it provides options for moving forward.
- Enhanced features in Azure Archive Storage now generally available : The ability to upload directly to archive tier and make adjustments to the tier at time of commit, is pretty awesome.
- Azure Migrate : A new service that will make a lot of people happy is Azure Migrate, which can help move onprem data centers to the cloud.
- Load data from Azure Blob storage into Azure SQL : Interesting video showing how to push data from blob storage to SQL. This is awesome from an ingestion engine direction.
- Azure Maps Weather services for developers : Really cool to see it be so easy to pull weather into your applications.
So I’ve made no secret of my enjoyment of Outside cooking, and over the past two weeks I’ve done a lot of work with my Weber smoker. And this past week turned out great. I went from a small chicken, to a 11 lb Brisket! And then 12 hours later, we had an amazing meal.