So we’ve all been home for a week now, and honestly most of the world is still grappling with working from home. And having made that transition over the past 2 years, I know how big a transition. And I honestly hope everyone is taking time to step back and be healthy both physically and mentally. Otherwise we end up here:
Down to business…
- 5 Things to be Excited About Xamarin.Forms 4.5 : Exciting to see the new innovations on that platform.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Multithreading and Multiprocessing in Python – Part 1 – DEV Community : A great article on how to do multi-threading for python. I’ve been doing more work and python and becoming a believer.
- Announcing the general availability of Azure Monitor for virtual machines : Great to see new metrics and performance options for virtual machines in the cloud.
- Azure Container Registry: Preview of customer-managed keys : Very awesome for those who are security conscious.
- Expanding management and governance services in Azure Government : Love seeing the enhancements to Azure Government in recent months.
- Geolocation (Xamarin.Essentials API of the Week) | The Xamarin Show | Channel 9 : Love seeing these posts and videos about some of the abstractions provided by Xamarin.
- GitHub has acquired npm – DEV Community 👩💻👨💻 : Very exciting to see this as it really solidifies npm in the community.
- Introduction to the Azure Sphere Security Service : Azure Sphere is a pretty exciting tool, and seeing more security capability is pretty optimal.
- New AI and Machine Learning services in Azure Government : Love seeing us empower Government and the companies that support government.
- New Azure services for mission-critical analytics : We are seeing more and more of a need by government agencies to do more with data to respond to crisis situation, like COVID-19.
- New fully managed SQL and reserved storage for Azure Government customers : Great to see new updates to azure sql for government.
- Show DEV: I built a dashboard to track my life : I love this kind of stuff, building cool little projects to help yourself.
- Bot Framework – Capturing telemetry to gain insights into your conversational health (Part 2 of 3) : What is monitored matters, so at the end of the day interesting to see how to monitor your bots. More and more I’m starting to like the bot form vector for user interaction, and monitoring is a key part of any deployment.
- Manage and govern your hybrid servers using Azure Arc : Arc is just amazing…period.
- New Deploy to Azure extension for Visual Studio Code : Love VS Code and seeing these kinds of extensions.
So before the craziness of COVID-19, we got the opportunity to take the family to see Onward, the new Pixar movie. And honestly this was amazing, a great story with great performances. The story is timeless, the relationship between brothers and figuring out who you are by figuring out where you came from is amazing. The story of the relationship between a son and his father hit me right in the feels. A truly amazing movie, and honestly if you have dry eyes at the end, I question if you are a human or a Cylon.