Well its officially 2020, and this year wasted absolutely no time getting moving. My kids activities started ramping up, and life moved at a sprint speed out of the gate.
But down to the business..
- How to build and deploy a containerized app to Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS): This is very topical for a lot of people. AKS has been gaining ground in this market and growing at a constant pace. And more and more containerized apps are becoming the standard for application development. Here’s a great video where Donovan Brown walks through how you get an app deployed.
- Data Drift Monitoring for Azure ML Datasets : Another timely video for a lot of people I know, how do we monitor data drift in our Azure ML models and work to keep them up to date. MLOps is becoming a thing as ML projects suffer from code “staleness” and that needs to be planned for early on.
- Azure Cost Management 2019 year in review : A good overview of the changes that have been made to azure cost management this past year and how to monitor your spend in the cloud.
- Advancing no-impact and low-impact maintenance technologies: No one like maintenance, or downtime, but its good to take a minute and look at how Microsoft is taking steps to minimize downtime evens for our customers.
- Azure Service Bus from the Ground up: Service bus is one of those services in Azure that is foundational, its really been around forever and new enhancements are happening all the time. So its good to see how things are improving.
- Azure Service Bus Core Features : A good overview of the core features of the product.
- Advanced Features with Service Bus : A good review of some of the advanced features and how to enable them.
So for this week, its nothing in nerd pop culture, but a fascinating video I saw. This was recommended by a friend, and it sparked a lot of research for me around personal growth (blog post coming soon). But the video is “What does game theory teach us about war?” and there are a lot of parallels that you can draw to how your own life functions in terms of finite vs infinite games.