Hello All, So this week marks 2 cool things in my mind. First is that we are 30 days to Christmas Day, which is awesome. I know this is the holiday season for a lot of different religions.
So I wish you and you’re a great holiday season. I am a big fan of the time of year because… it’s crazy, it’s busy, and its a great time filled with great moments. So please make sure to take a moment and enjoy it. This is a big-time for my family, as my wife and I were married 11 years ago this month.
The other big thing this week is a moment I’ve been waiting for since my kids were born. Last night I introduced my kids to Star Wars, watching the first movie together and my kids loved it. The Best revelations being the following
My daughter had the following revelations:
- Princess Leia is awesome, she doesn’t need anyone to save her and she fights back.
- The Millenium Falcon is an ugly ship.
My son had the following revelations:
- Darth Vader is the best thing that ever happened.
- Storm Troopers should have lightsabers.
- Chewbacca is the best pilot ever.
So enough of all that, and down to business:
- Relive Xamarin Developer Summit with OnDemand Videos: Great library of some videos on Xamarin and the new announcements.
- AI-assisted Intellisense for your team’s codebase: Very interesting article on the use of IntelliSense and AI to make developers more productive.
- PyTorch on Azure with Streamed ML Lifecycle: PyTorch is a very versatile AI library, and I’ve been a fan of seeing how this evolves further.
- How to monetize your SaaS solutions on Microsoft App Source and Azure Marketplace: Good video on how to get your solutions into App Source and the marketplace.
- Batch Inference using Azure Machine Learning: Really interesting video on how to use Azure Machine Learning for batch inference.
- Microsoft cloud in Norway Opens with Availability on Azure: Really cool to see how the cloud expands.
Audio / Video:
- Getting started with OData and Cosmos DB in ASP.NET Core: Interesting video on using OData for cosmos to build out data querying.
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning: GOod discussion on the difference between two terms who are regularly swapped incorrectly.
- Deep Dive: Industrial IoT: I love these deep dives because they show technology being used in different ways than I might see normally, always informative.
Ok, I sort of did this at the top, but what the hell, let’s do another one. I’m a comic fan, we all know this. And I’ve enjoyed the CW Arrowverse, and the big event, Crisis on Infinite Earths is going to be premier Dec 8. I’m super excited about this. There are going to be a lot of interesting things including bringing back fan favorites and a lot of interesting events.