So this week was a little crazy with family obligations, work travel, busy work schedules, etc. But overall it wasn’t bad kind of week. We are officially into full on October. Right now I’m busy prepping for our monthly game today which should be a lot of fun
Now down to the business…
- Remote SSH: Tips and Tricks : Great article, and another reason VS Code really is the best IDE on earth.
- The key to a data-driven culture: Timely insights : This is very top of mind for me, as there is this big movement away from Data warehouse architectures that function on a time delay. There is a big push by businesses to have data timely or not at all.
- Introducing the preview of direct-upload to Azure managed disks : Really cool new feature for those looking to move VHDs to the cloud, making the process even easier.
- Over 100 Azure services support PROTECTED Australian government data : Really exciting to see the compliance focus move from US Centric to world wide.
- Built-in Jupyter notebooks in Azure Cosmos DB are now available : Really awesome to be able to run Jupyter notebooks in cosmos without requiring any additional architecture or compute platform.
Audio / Video:
- AI Show – Machine Learning Models : Great video talking about and demystifying the term “Model”.
- The ASP.NET Core Ecosystem with Jeremy Miller : Really interesting to hear about the robust ecosystem for .net core.
I’m a big comic fan, and Greg Rucka is one of my favorite writers. And StumpTown was one of his pet projects, and really the book plays out like Jessica Jones more for the real world. And I gotta say, I watched the pilot and was really impressed.