Hello all, its another week. Been really busy as we are approaching the end of a quarter. Been doing a lot of code work this week on a project that has been delayed for too long. So really enjoying that.
Now here we go with the business:
- Visual Studio now includes an integrated terminal: Pretty cool to see this terminal implemented in Visual Studio as its one of my favorite features of vs code.
- Keep up to date on Xamarin Docs: I’ve made no secret of my interest in Xamarin. So cool to see aggregation of this information.
- Azure Media Services’ New AI Powered Innovation: Animated Character recognition is pretty awesome. Its one thing to be able to identify people but to identify animated characters is pretty awesome. Now for real specifics getting improvements in multilingual speech and context is pretty amazing.
- Azure Government continues to expand FedRAMP High coverage: Exciting for the government customers, or ISVs out there. The number of FedRAMP services has increased. Including things like Cognitive services.
- Building cloud-native applications with Azure and HashiCorp: Another tool I have made clear that I really like is Terraform. A good blog on some services from HashiCorp for Azure to support your cloud-native applications.
Audio / Video:
- Creating Custom Bindings for Azure Functions: Really being able to connect your functions directly to your application hooks is pretty powerful.
- Multiple node pools in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS): Cool video about using multiple node pools, which really helps with managing your clusters using different machines sizes. Without this option you had to manage separate clusters. So really nice to see.
- Moving from Web Forms to Blazor with Jeff Fritz: I don’t get to do a lot of work with tools like Blazor anymore, but I have been doing some reading and looking into it more and this is a good summary.
So as I said last time I’m a bit of a gamer, and as this comic points to, I’m a well documented nerd. Lately I’ve found myself getting pulled back into tabletop gaming, specifically Dungeons and Dragons, and have a good game going (we play monthly, right now we’ve been done about 8 sessions). So as I get deeper into this, new things are announced all the time, and the new one is Unearthed Arcana, which is basically “Beta” content for the game for players to use.
The latest are two new sub classes Aberrant Mind sorcer, and Lurker of the Deep Warlock.